Parish Public House is a Louisiana Eatery, Drinkery and Live Music Venue, in the heart of downtown Albany, New York. Located at 388 Broadway, “The Parish” is a celebration of Louisiana’s Cajun culture – not the surface-scratching New Orleans/Bourbon Street cliché – the Heart of Acadiana. Through food, drinks, music and camaraderie, our goal is to invoke the spirit found at a Cajun Fais Do-Do, each and every night.
FAIS DO-DO (fay-dodo) 1. French colloquial expression equivalent to “nighty-night”
2. A traditional French lullaby;
3. A township gathering where the children are put to bed in the nursery room while the adults party in the dance hall.
A parish, in Louisiana, is akin to a county in New York. But, it’s also much more than that. It’s an identity, a home, a community. So we’ve established our very own Louisiana Parish right here in Albany. An outpost of the food, drinks and live entertainment that has made the Cajun culture one of the most celebrated around the world.
Our philosophy is simple across our food, drinks and music: freshness. Using a local and regional base to support our efforts, we:
– source quality ingredients to build the cajun specialties on our menu;
– provide an impressive array of microbrews from the northeast and Louisiana;
– continue to be the biggest supporters of the local, original, live music scene in Albany – while also bringing in a variety of rock, jazz, jam, hip-hop, bluegrass, country, and more, from across the region and country.
28 comments on “About” Add yours →
Comments are closed. You can not add new comments.